Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quick Rant

I read an article about Mormon women (I am mormon), that had statistics about the depression rate and why it is SO high in Mormon women. It mentioned impossibly high expectations and the stress it puts on us to be perfect. And when we are not perfect, or fall short in some way we feel judged. I know that Christ set the bar high, but that when I fall short He is there to catch me. But I also know what people mean when they feel judged or inferior when I fall short. I used to feel like I fell very short of being a good mom and wife. That's mostly because people put up a front. I am so tired of the way people present their lives as being so Pinterest Perfect. I am vowing to only post about what is really happening in my life. Not some fluffy, fabricated version of myself. I don't want anyone to leave this blog feeling like a bad mom or wife, the way I do when I look at some people's blogs. Keep it real people.

Here are a few facts about me to help you know you are not alone:
1. My house is never clean, unless John does it, or helps me.
2. I do all the laundry, only when we have nothing to wear, and the clean clothes get left in piles.
3. I do not make nutritious home cooked meals every day.
4. I don't plan out structured activities for my child every single day.
5. Sometimes my husband and I have arguments. He always apologizes first because I am slow to forgive/apologize.
6. My daughter has tantrums.

I know these things do not make me a bad mom or wife.
I'm just tired of looking at blogs of people who portray themselves in such a perfect light always. That is all. Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. I wish more people were like you. For real! I hate that stupid front. People always pretend like their marriages are so perfect, but if they don't fight...then they're imaginary people. No one can really do it all!

    ReplyDelete