Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I am so lucky, my Mommy is an exceptional women. Everyone has known that since before she was even my mother. My birth mother knew it and chose her, and I was lucky that although it was much earlier than my mom had anticipated, she chose to take me. That's how my mom has always been. She has always been there for me to help me, with only a moments notice. Even now she makes helping me  and my family in any way she can a priority.

4315_80582737340_6424991_n.jpg





She has been the most important teacher in my life. She has taught me the importance of the gospel and has always been able to help me seek out answers to my problems, through prayer and scripture reading. My Mom taught me very early on to value my education, and to continue my education. She knows how to push me to try harder and do better, and to do all I can to reach my fullest potential. 

My mom is an incredibly smart women. She knew that telling me what to do and what not to do wouldn't work. I thought I was getting away with stuff, but now I know she was just letting me believe that and allowing me to learn lessons the hard way. She knew there is no other way for a teenager to learn. Somehow she was always in the know, and staying at a safe distance, so when I figured things out she would be near by to help me when I fell. 

She is one of my best friends and the one person I can turn to for anything. She always has time to talk to me and comfort or help when I'm in need. From the "So how do I make real mashed potatoes? " to the "I'm going to go crazy, Hadley did...." she always has the answer or where to find an answer. She is such a beautiful person in every way, and I am so lucky that so many things fell into place so that I can call her Mommy.

I love you Mom, and although I am not able to be with you or get you a nice gift this year, I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you today and everyday. I love you more than words can say and am so grateful to be your daughter.

"The only thing better than having you as my mom, is my children having you as their Grandma."

No comments:

Post a Comment